The Bakla Show aims to educate, challenge, and encourage dialogue among and between different ethnic and sexually diverse communities by means of increasing the visibility of Filipino American LGBTQQI experience through theatrical performance.
- tumblr Cute :-) The other bakla in the house. Wants to be a dancer and...: Cute :-) The o... bit.ly/2acYOmD #lgbt #queer #pin@y 1 year ago
- tumblr More than just a parlour girl from the Phills. She is a star....: More than just a... bit.ly/2apkGhB #lgbt #queer #pin@y 1 year ago
- Thanks for connecting @TweetsbyDeLa. I know good folks from @ASCpas are coming thru to #StopKiss @PasPlayhouse! #breaklegs #allwayslove 3 years ago
- - youtube.com/watch?v=0jCR_P… ow.ly/2Oil2i 3 years ago
- RT @dana_soliman: #TFC dropped by opening night of @thebaklashow 3 and captured some highlights of the show! #BalitangAmerica http://t.… 3 years ago
"Bindlestiff Studio - the only theater in the United States dedicated to the Filipino American experience - breaks new ground with the Bakla Show. With this series of short vignettes, the performance space notes to the coming-out-to-your-traditional-community quandary... Through the term Bakla used to refer primarily to effeminate gay Filipino men, the show presents a more inclusive portraiture of queerness. Traditional stereotypes get smacked down..."
Gluckstern, Bay Area Guardian, January 2007
Connect With Us