Ed Mabasa hopes to continue his bloodletting of short plays called the The Lotus Doll series: set in noir-inspired 1946 San Francisco, and The Memory series: set in various periods dealing with lonely ghosts and love lost through the living. Past productions include Set Design for ICDT’s Monday Golden Sun, Co-facilitator for the Stories High Writing Workshop 2009, and the go to stage manager for numerous Bindlestiff shows including Stories High 2004 to 2009. He is currently working on an old school radio script called She Demon Scent. Please don’t approach him when he’s in a corner and his back is turned to you. He’s holding a knife to his heart.
The Bakla Show aims to educate, challenge, and encourage dialogue among and between different ethnic and sexually diverse communities by means of increasing the visibility of Filipino American LGBTQQI experience through theatrical performance.
- tumblr Cute :-) The other bakla in the house. Wants to be a dancer and...: Cute :-) The o... bit.ly/2acYOmD #lgbt #queer #pin@y 1 year ago
- tumblr More than just a parlour girl from the Phills. She is a star....: More than just a... bit.ly/2apkGhB #lgbt #queer #pin@y 1 year ago
- Thanks for connecting @TweetsbyDeLa. I know good folks from @ASCpas are coming thru to #StopKiss @PasPlayhouse! #breaklegs #allwayslove 2 years ago
- - youtube.com/watch?v=0jCR_P… ow.ly/2Oil2i 3 years ago
- RT @dana_soliman: #TFC dropped by opening night of @thebaklashow 3 and captured some highlights of the show! #BalitangAmerica http://t.… 3 years ago
"Bindlestiff Studio - the only theater in the United States dedicated to the Filipino American experience - breaks new ground with the Bakla Show. With this series of short vignettes, the performance space notes to the coming-out-to-your-traditional-community quandary... Through the term Bakla used to refer primarily to effeminate gay Filipino men, the show presents a more inclusive portraiture of queerness. Traditional stereotypes get smacked down..."
Gluckstern, Bay Area Guardian, January 2007
Connect With Us